Sunday, June 28, 2009

Part 3 My Host Family

The host family that I am living with has been great to me. As I said before they enjoyed the visit from my mom. The have decided that she was such a nice and loving person to honor her. That will be done in the way of giving the new baby her name (a little African namesake). That is if the baby is a girl. Two of the older brothers recently got married to their first wife (not sure yet how many they will stop at). The one older sister (younger then me by 1 or 2 years) was married in the fall and has since left the house to live with her husband and his family. As the family continues to grow and spread out am trying my best to keep up with all the names and ceremonies that are taking place.

This is the season for programs to take place. I have been very busy with all types of works that I have cost me to miss a few programs but I plan to try my best to show up. There have been many naming ceremonies and weddings. A few congratulation parties for getting promoted at work or within the village and a few sad and unexpected funerals have taken place with in or around my village.

The one things about programs taking place is it allows you the chance to get dressed up. I have now the small but very nice collection of cultural/local outfit. And with more programs to take place my wardrobe will only get bigger. The fabric here is beautiful and relatively cheap (remember am getting paid just as much as the or a little more then my counter parts). And to get the fabric tailored is just as inexpensive for me since I have yet to get and all out fabulous outfit made.

No comments: