Sunday, June 28, 2009

1 year over 1 year to go

Hello all my readers. Am so sorry it has been a long time since I have last wrote anything here. So here is the update in short. I will have longer version under this one if you care to read.

This is my First year mark of being in the Peace Corps The Gambia. I have made it through all the hard challenges and changes. The Peace Corps has had both its ups and downs for me within the last year, more up then downs. But it’s just like any other job/organization in the world. You have people who work very hard and listen, those who work but don’t listen and then those who do nothing but complain and nothing to change it. I have tried to my best ability to be a person who works hard and listens when playing my part, I also know my limits and I do know how to say NO now. But overall I would never wish to go back in time and change my thoughts about joining the Peace Corps. It has been every bit of the new adventure and experience it say it will/would be.

Personally, I have made big changes in my life since being here. I have had the chance to open myself up more. I have the time to get to know myself and grow. Reading more books (not only fiction) which have enlightened me to new things, I didn’t know already and they allow me to escape in my mind. I have learned to take what it is you have not for granted. They are many things that I left at home or that I cannot afford to have here that I thought “I just had to have”. But now I know that you can live with bare minimum and be just as happy or even more. That life should not revolve around your work/job/career there are many more things out there in life that can give you pleasure. As I have come to find out there is nothing more rewarding them the company of another person in which you can share ideas, thought and cultural.

No comments: