Sunday, June 28, 2009

Part 2 The Gambia

The Gambia has been a wonderful place to be. I have enjoyed my time with the people, cultural, customs, and life style. When coming to this country I came with a very open mind and low expectations. I believe that me coming here without knowing much about the country and have low expectations has opened me up to the Gambia. If I would have come with an ideal in mind of how life was to be I think I would have been disappointed but because I didn’t I have not had any real disappointing points since being here. I have not had the chance to see the entire (most) of the country but my travels will come.

Lately the weather has been my problem with all the heat. It has been regularly 37 or 39 Celsius (roughly about 100 plus degrees) like every day. The night time does get better but its not all to cold. The season is about to change again and now its time for the rains to come. I don’t think I will like it any much more then I like this hot season. Why because now it will be very hard to stay clean and dry. The one thing that all the change has brought about is fruit. I have been eating so many mangoes, guava, cashews (both the nut and the fruit), jack fruit, and other random local fruits. I will have to put up pictures for you to see what some of these things look like. Some are things I have never seen or even heard of.

No comments: