Sunday, December 21, 2008

October 2008

Being stressed out. You never been stressed out so much till you change your living environment instantly. I have just began to miss the life style I once had in the states. Even though I do get to do a few things here that are similar the majority of my life is now different.

I Have started to come down with something which is the result of me being so stressed out. But I have a new found hope. One of the PCT in my group is getting relocated to be my next door neighbor. That should bring me a little closer to home. She is close to being my opposite but we have a few things in common. Starting with us both being army brats at birth. She is going to help me in more ways then she knows it. I should really start to get into shape as she loves to ride her bike. And now that I have someone to go with I will feel more comfortable about riding the darn things. And just being able to have the opportunity to talk with someone face to face every day about the daily changes, challenges and stress is going to be good for me at least.

I have also been not been able to do much of any work here this month thus far. I have been sick and with the president given out random holiday transport was a no go. So I took this week to mend myself and spend some time with my new site mate. Who is living with me till her house is ready. And we mostly talk and read in the house as its too hot to be outside and nothing much to do.

So its almost time to vote for the president and I just cant wait. I have been able to keep up with a bit of the news. And it looks like America might have its first African American man president. The world is about to shake if this actually happen. From where I stand the entire world seems to want and hope for Obama to win verse McCain. I hope to be near a Tv when voting day starts, we are about 8 hours behind in time so it will be a long day for us here. I hope this election which ever way it goes brings about change for the American people who so desperately need there lifestyle to be alter. Even though with the fall and stock markets that is starting to happen and the gaps between poor and rich are being noticed more. And those struggling the line of middle class and poor are being giving a helping hands that a few years late but were not dead yet. The best part is the gas prices are low and at a comfortable but still high price. My loan interest rate is dropping which is always a good thing. Seeing how a higher education in one of the richest nations should never be so high. Am thankful for my family and friends who care enough to still write and call me. While am on this adventure in Africa.

No comments: