Sunday, December 21, 2008

November 2008

So the month is just started and I cant wait for the week to start. The election is in 3 days. It is about to be a very historical moment not only in my life but in American History. We just might have the first very African American President. This will change the future and history of African around the world. Not only is America on pins and needles waiting for the moment to be over but the rest of the world is also watching and waiting to find out the outcome. When I write the next time I will either be very excited and overjoyed or disappointed. As I will know who the new President of my home is and how my life will change with just that knowledge while am in another country. Till then

Last night Nov. 1 was the first night I really felt it was past my time to be here. All these bugs kept falling in the bed with me and sticking to my computer screen it was so annoying. All I could think about was calling my mom and telling her to come and pick me up. But lucky I had no credit on my phone and it was too late to go out and look for some. So I just finishing killing the bugs I could see and took some pills and tried to fall asleep. But this morning I feel semi OK. Am not trying to leave till its time. I need to get the benefits from the Peace Corps that are promised at the end of one’s service. So I must wait till then. Less then what 20 months to go. And I will be Scott free and ready to move on in life. A new and changed person. Hopefully this experience will make me "grow" up. Also I hope the path to another government job is open since that was my biggest reason for joining. We shall see. 2 days till the major election of my life and am in Africa..

We have done it. For the first time in the history of America. There is a African American President to be. The historical moment in time has not only shifted the lives of those in America but the entire world has been move. This election has caused more excitement then the reporters can report on of the Africa American community. But it is not only the black community that has now had it hopes and dreams come closer to reality. Every minority race in the world is now on a new level of possibilities to dream for. Something that was never thought to actually happen, something that every kid hears from their parent's that they could one day become president. To sit and dream and give a kid high hopes and give them a dream to work hard towards is now not just a dream but an actually possibility. And as this moment occurs in my life while am living in Africa I can only hope that my dreams will come true. That I will one day land that job that will allow me to become a world traveling woman making change in the world for the people that need it most. The dream that hard work and dedication can get a person where ever they wish to go is what am holding on to. As am making my dreams come true I can only hope to continue on my path to become an accomplished young Africa American woman.

No comments: